POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First Posting : First Posting Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:18:26 EDT (-0400)
  First Posting
From: news bellatlantic net
Date: 1 Sep 2002 15:51:58
Message: <3d726fde@news.povray.org>
Hi,
I am Armin. This is my first posting (although not the first image I ever
made).
I did the modelling completely in Blender. I took the two pictures in NY and
at
the beach when some of my friends where visiting me. I applied one of the
edge
detect filters of  "Gimp" to the one at the wall. Obviously I also used
image maps
for the pages of the book, the single sheet of paper and the cup with the
Povray
logo. All other textures are Povray textures.
The table is made out of single parts. I used a maco to vary the color of
the wood,
and to displace the wood textures randomly. I also used the crand function
to make
it look a little rough. There is an additional, partially transparent layer
on top of the
table with a bozo texture, so that is doesn't look to clean.
For the lamp I used area lights. I first used scattering media but it
doesn't look
any different then using a high emmission value, which is much faster.
I would like to get some comments and suggestions how I can further improve
photorealism.

Armin

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'short_break (Small).JPG' (36 KB)

Preview of image 'short_break (Small).JPG'
short_break (Small).JPG