POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isosurface Oranges (70k Attachment) : Re: Isosurface Oranges (70k Attachment) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:21:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isosurface Oranges (70k Attachment)
From: Aaron Gillies
Date: 30 Aug 2002 10:18:26
Message: <3d6f7eb2$1@news.povray.org>
news:3D6F4C56.DE92879D@gmx.de...

> crackle isosurface, area light, reflection - must be quite slow...

Yep.  The rendering time was five hours, twenty minutes, but I think I
could have reduced it, had I known about the evaluate keyword before
I set the max_gradient value. :)

I don't do much with isosurfaces, because I have a bit
of trouble getting them to look the way I'd like, not to mention
the ... ugh ... long rendering times ...

Maybe I'm just abnormally impatient.

Aaron

Aaron Gillies
New York City