POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Stone Church 2 : Re: Stone Church 2 Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:16:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stone Church 2
From: Tom Melly
Date: 30 Aug 2002 09:13:40
Message: <3d6f6f84$1@news.povray.org>
"Richard Morehouse" <rmo### [at] coxnet> wrote in message

> there are some artifact's in the windows that i don't understand. they
> appear as either black spots or places where the window frame is
> missing.  I have max_trace_level set to 10 but this didn't appear to
> change anything.  any comments?

I can't see the black spots (although, given you seem to have ruled out a
max_trace problem, they sound like they might be a co-incident surface problem).

The gaps look as though the line is too thin - try rendering a small area where
the problem shows up at a higher resolution and see if the lines re-appear.