POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Which is better? : Re: Which is better? Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which is better?
From: Tek
Date: 29 Aug 2002 05:17:41
Message: <3d6de6b5$1@news.povray.org>
"hughes b" <omn### [at] charternet> wrote in message
> If I were to narrow down a catagory for these to I'd call the golden one
> surrealistic and the red one minimalistic. I favor surrealism. Although
you
> could just about call both of them either kind. If the red picture isn't
> going to go further then the other would be the only one to submit if I
had
> to choose. Those are all facetted boulders scattered around, aren't they.
If
> so it really makes for a clear distinction from the curving swirl-thing. A
> sort of organic versus inorganic matter on a orb like the others in space
> amid some lifegiving light.

That's a great analysis of the images :)

I hadn't really thought about the organic/inorganic thing, I just did
faceted rocks 'cause it "felt right" in the scene, but I think you're right
about why they work. I might have to borrow your description for the text
with my entry ;)

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com