POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : My first rendering : Re: My first rendering Server Time
4 Sep 2024 20:15:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first rendering
From: hughes b
Date: 28 Aug 2002 16:36:14
Message: <3d6d343e$1@news.povray.org>
"Ekki Plicht" <ekk### [at] plichtde> wrote in message
> at http://www.plicht.de/ekki/profi2
>
> you can see my first rendering with POV-RAY. I am totally amazed at what
> this program does. Congrats to the authors.

....First? Um.... okay.  :-)

That device really exists? A Morse code key or other thing?

Seems you have a few things you want to do with it, as you said in your
"lacking" list. The polished texture could easily be made less perfect/new
by adding a texture layer over the current one. Something with highly
filtered grays (or greys) and a normal map having fine erratic lines;
specular finish also or the normals won't show as well I think. Springs or
coils are easier now since version 3.5 has sphere_sweep. Not sure what you
meant about the screws.