POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 1.5K APPLES - WIP 5 : almost final... (JPEG 95KB) : Re: 1.5K APPLES - WIP 5 : almost final... (JPEG 95KB) Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 1.5K APPLES - WIP 5 : almost final... (JPEG 95KB)
From: Xplo Eristotle
Date: 28 Aug 2002 14:26:20
Message: <3d6d15cc@news.povray.org>
Jaime Vives Piqueres wrote:

>   There are still missing features: basket handles, better rusted metal for
> the barrel rings, better wood on the window, and perhaps the addition of
> some small objects on the table. Suggestions are welcome, you know...

The light coming from outside seems awfully cold. Normally I would
expect reflected sunlight from objects outside the window to contribute
a little more warmth than this.

You might put a couple screws/nails/some kind of fasteners in the window
wood (or not, if it's glued or fastened from the other side, but it
would add detail).

The barrel rings definitely don't look like rusted metal to me. I'm
going to assume that they're made of iron or some kind of cheap, dull
steel, so I'll suggest that they should probably appear kind of a dark
dull brownish-red, with just a hint of roughness; this is usually how
those metals look before the distinctive bright reddish-orange colors
set in.

For the record, the metal texture on that scale is REALLY nice.

-Xplo