POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : er...WIP... : Re: er...WIP... Server Time
15 Aug 2024 04:28:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: er...WIP...
From: Slime
Date: 28 Aug 2002 13:27:03
Message: <3d6d07e7$1@news.povray.org>
From 5.2.2.2.4:

"No file output is performed until the final 1*1 pass is reached. Although
the preliminary passes render only as many pixels as needed, the 1*1 pass
re-renders every pixel so that anti-aliasing and file output streams work
properly. This makes the scene take up to 25% longer than the regular 1*1
pass to render, so it is suggested that mosaic preview not be used for final
rendering. Also, the lack of file output until the final pass means that
renderings which are interrupted before the 1*1 pass can not be resumed
without starting over from the beginning."

Now, it would make sense to me that it would still be able to use the data
it had already collected for the final pass, unless maybe it doesn't save
those pixels at *all* except to display them. I'm just taking the
documentation's word for it.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]