POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : er...WIP... : Re: er...WIP... Server Time
14 Aug 2024 22:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: er...WIP...
From: Pandora
Date: 27 Aug 2002 23:49:15
Message: <3d6c483b$1@news.povray.org>
"Timothy R. Cook" <tim### [at] scifi-fantasycom> wrote in message
news:3D6### [at] scifi-fantasycom...
> line 46 of 533, elapsed time 1 day 1 hour 25 mins...
> tell me what you think of this, if i don't get any kind
> of a significant response, I'm gonna nix this render.

    Erm... It's got potential - I'm not quite sure why but the composition
as a whole doesn't quite sit comfortably for me. I think it's something to
with the fact that the central containment thing looks like a part of a
larger whole, like a component of machine, but then the tangled mass in the
background looks very un-structured and then there's just void beyond
that... Maybe if you moved the tangle back, maybe made it a tangled wall
behind, maybe spherical, or better toroidal (sp?) with the containment
'thing' (sorry can't think a good word to describe it) in the center and the
tangled tubes sprouting out of the top and bottom and then curving and
tangling round to form the outer wall of the torus...

--
Pandora/Scott Hill/[::O:M:C::]Scorpion
Software Engineer.