POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Can't build 3.5 on Solaris : Re: Can't build 3.5 on Solaris Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:34:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can't build 3.5 on Solaris
From: Rob Hoopman
Date: 27 Aug 2002 14:34:30
Message: <3d6bc636@news.povray.org>
First of all: I know bugger all about solaris, so don't come crying to
me when this makes you machine explode ;-)

Seems like the linker can't find a library: try including
'-L/usr/openwin/lib/' (or whereever libX11 is located) and maybe add
some other needed library paths for png peg and tiss libraries in the
same way.

If it is having problems finding the libs at runtime after this (do ldd
on the binary ) add -static to the lastcommand and try again.

Good luck,
Rob