POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "1.5k apples" WIP 4 (JPEG 83Kb) : Re: "1.5k apples" WIP 4 (JPEG 83Kb) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:33:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "1.5k apples" WIP 4 (JPEG 83Kb)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 27 Aug 2002 12:52:30
Message: <3d6bae4b@news.povray.org>
ABX wrote:

> Have you experimented with HF_Sphere macro from shapes.inc ?
> You can modify it to drop all triangles where all three vertices are
> outside section you choosed. Creation with necessary accuracy can take
> some time but created once it can be quickly reused in every next render.

  I managed to make a derivative macro which generates only 1/4 of a
sphere, cutting from it (randomly) the curved boards. The mesh file only
takes 6MB and was generated quickly. Thanks to you and Rune for this great
macro! Also, your suggestion to use it was really clever and "ready to
use": wow!

  I've attached the result: it needs still some work on the "wooden"
function for the mesh, but it's promissing.

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org