POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "1.5k apples" WIP 4 (JPEG 83Kb) : Re: "1.5k apples" WIP 4 (JPEG 83Kb) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "1.5k apples" WIP 4 (JPEG 83Kb)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 27 Aug 2002 06:23:02
Message: <3d6b5305@news.povray.org>
ABX wrote:
> Have you experimented with HF_Sphere macro from shapes.inc ?
> You can modify it to drop all triangles where all three vertices are
> outside section you choosed. Creation with necessary accuracy can take
> some time but created once it can be quickly reused in every next render.

  Thanks! This must be the best solution, I think. I was trying to do it
directly with a height_field created internally with the function image
type, but I was having many problems to obtain the right curvature.

  I was not aware of this macro. I'm reading the docs, but really slowly,
and not arrived yet to the includes: thanks again!

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

La Persistencia de la Ignorancia
http://www.ignorancia.org