POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : How to make a cloudy, dull interior? : Re: How to make a cloudy, dull interior? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 20:12:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to make a cloudy, dull interior?
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 27 Aug 2002 00:33:06
Message: <3d6b0102@news.povray.org>
Scattering is pretty slow, and I don't know if its
overkill for that kind of object. Sticking to a mix
of absorption and emission (emission to get a
certain color, absorption to lose background color)
might do as well, and AFAIK, absorption and emission
are calculated quicker than scattering (because they're
light- and self-independant)...

--
Tim Nikias
Email: Tim### [at] gmxde