POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Furballs (WIP?) : Re: Furballs (WIP?) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:13:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Furballs (WIP?)
From: hughes b
Date: 26 Aug 2002 17:24:38
Message: <3d6a9c96@news.povray.org>
"Aaron Gillies" <no### [at] spamcom> wrote in message
> > > Actually, I wouldn't guess that this was a POV-Ray image
> > > myself unless I had been explicitly told so.
> >
> > Why not? What did you think?
>
> Well, for one thing ... where is the sphere hovering above the checkered
> plane?  Or the pyramids?
>
> I don't know why exactly, but I would have thought some sort
> of digital illustration tool.

It's yet another example of something unusual I think. Dare I say, freaky.
It's abstract and yet has at least a touch of surrealism in that it isn't
anything you could say is a real thing or a fake thing. I believe that smear
in the foreground, lower left corner, adds something to it. I didn't
immediately see it as one or two of the luminous prongs, it was more of a
messed up photograph sense to me. That can be interesting apparently yet I
don't know if I've ever thought that before of a rendering.