POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Fish Swimming : Re: Fish Swimming Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:13:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fish Swimming
From: hughes b
Date: 26 Aug 2002 17:14:20
Message: <3d6a9a2c@news.povray.org>
"Gergely Vandor" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.3d6a90b8e75f190ab78e044d0@news.povray.org...

> Looks pretty good, but to me it seems that the movement the fins make is
> weak, it's like if the fish were pulled by some string or a current. So
I'd
> vote for more agressive fins. :)

I think you hit on something there, water current of a stream as fish try to
stay in one place. If the fish moved a little forward then a little backward
with some speed changes to coincide I think they'd look very good for that.

I'm curious how those models were adapted to POV-Ray so guess I'll need to
take a look at them. Looks pretty realistic at that scale. I must have
missed how that was done.