POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Bryce and POV true ambience/radiosity showdown : Re: Bryce and POV true ambience/radiosity showdown Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:14:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Bryce and POV true ambience/radiosity showdown
From: IMBJR
Date: 26 Aug 2002 16:41:27
Message: <3d6a9277@news.povray.org>
Xplo Eristotle <xpl### [at] infomagicnet> wrote in message
> Timothy R. Cook wrote:
> > Xplo Eristotle wrote:
> >
> >> With that said, I think my reproduction of your glass sphere
> >> demonstrates that it's possible (and even easy - most of my time on
> >> that scene was spent moving objects around) to get very similar
> >> results to Bryce if you know what you're doing.
> >
> > Uh, shouldn't it be the other way 'round?  Trying to achieve POV-like
> > scenes in Bryce? ;)
>
> Probably so; in my limited experience Bryce seems to be a mediocre
> renderer at best (not to mention slow). Sadly, that's not what's being
> discussed here.

Slow? That really does depend on what you are doing with it. Most of my
stuff comes in well under a couple of minutes, but then I like the
minimilist scene.

As for mediocre, that's perhaps a bit too sweeping a statement. Sure there
are somethings in Bryce (the sky, metaballs) that really could use
improvement, but as a hobbyist's renderer it really fits the bill.