POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: looking in : Re: looking in Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looking in
From: John Vodden
Date: 26 Aug 2002 13:54:55
Message: <3d6a6b6f@news.povray.org>
"Aaron Gillies" <no### [at] spamcom> wrote in message
> It looks like it is ambient values to me as well.
>
> Put the following at the top of the scene file:
>
> global_settings {
>   ambient_light rgb 0
> }

Ah, I see the problem.

Help file section 6.11.2 says : "The default is a white ambient light source
set at rgb <1,1,1>"

I had assumed that it was rgb 0 if unspecified, which is apparently not the
case. It doesn't help that I seem to keep my moniter rather dark too so it
didn't show up that badly for me.