POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: looking in : Re: looking in Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:13:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looking in
From: John Vodden
Date: 26 Aug 2002 13:49:20
Message: <3d6a6a20@news.povray.org>
"Ib Rasmussen" <ib### [at] ibrasdk> wrote in message
news:3D6### [at] ibrasdk...
> > I've gone through and put "gamma 0" everywhere where it might need it!
>

> That should be "ambient 0" I hope. As hughes b writes, gamma should only
> be set once, and not to 0. I should be 2.2 for pcs and 1.0 for macs, IIRC.

My bad, I had "gamma" on the from brain talking about the display gamma... I
meant "ambient 0" (which is what I've put in there in response to "If you
are using ambient, try turning it down or off")

I'll play with that gamma image and see if I can get it right. Attempts I've
had with "gamma.gif" in the past to determine precisely the display_gamma of
my machine (as described in the help file) haven't seemed to work.
Currently I've got display_gamma as 2.2 (the default I believe and
recommended for PCs) and assumed_gamma 1.0 for the image.