POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: looking in : Re: looking in Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:15:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looking in
From: hughes b
Date: 26 Aug 2002 09:13:43
Message: <3d6a2987@news.povray.org>
"John Vodden" <jav### [at] gmxcouk> wrote in message
> I've gone through and put "gamma 0" everywhere where it might need it!
> Hopefully that'll help it. I think my moniter must be darker than most,
> although I never managed to work out what the display-gamma actually is
for
> this machine.

gamma 0? Not sure you are talking about POV-Ray and might be setting it in a
image editor instead? I meant global_settings {assumed_gamma 2.2} or more
than the 1.0 as suggested in the help and the default Insert Menu.
Have you seen the Scene Help section 5.2.2.2.2 (yes, that's the numbers)
yet? Should be able to get an idea of what to use for Display_Gamma in
pov-ray\renderer\povray.ini, although I still don't set assumed_gamma to 1.0
and either leave it out or make it 2.2 as well. It's still a confusing issue
to me too, I can't readily check image output on various monitors to see
what the changes might be.