POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Furballs (WIP?) : Re: Furballs (WIP?) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:12:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Furballs (WIP?)
From: Johan Feyaerts
Date: 26 Aug 2002 04:44:56
Message: <3d69ea88@news.povray.org>
> If possible, I'd like to receive two types of comments:
> One on the picture: on what to improve (I don't like the
> washed out foreground, perhaps I'll go back to simple
> antialiasing instead of focal-blur, or remove that object).
> And the second type, on what you feel. I'm thinking about
> using more hair per furball, right now, its 500 per ball,
> for 31 balls, 20 objects per hair: tons of objects, a little
> parsing time (just a few minutes).
> Tracing time was 12 hours...

Amazing how furrballs can start to look like firework. Did a firework macro
myself some time ago ( see
http://users.skynet.be/johan.feyaerts/raytracing.htm)
I also used little cylinders with varying emission to make one ray of light.
Takes a lot of time to render but the effect is very nice. Equations for for
firework & furrball may be quite similar, it's gravity after all...Colefax
lensflare did the finishing touch on my firework