POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: looking in : Re: looking in Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:17:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: looking in
From: John Vodden
Date: 25 Aug 2002 18:32:10
Message: <3d695aea@news.povray.org>
"Aaron Gillies" <no### [at] spamcom> wrote in message
> John:
>
> Good image and modelling job. :)
>
> I had the exact same idea for the IRTC, but as usual, I didn't get
> around to it in time. :(
>
> How about making the outside of the building darker,
> or maybe even almost completely dark, to contrast with the inside?

Thanks for the suggestion, darkening the outside does seem to fit very well
with the theme of the picture: I've given the light from the outside light a
lot of fade so that it's presence doesn't give that bright flood-lit effect
of the previous example. Something about the window frame now looks a bit
false now though but I can't place my finger on it so can't fix it!

Also does anyone have any idea what might be causing that dramatic shadow
that appears to be inside the window running across the table? The scene is
lit from two lights: one inside and one outside and there is nothing
blocking that position from the inside light. If I don't put glass in the
window then that shadow isn't there so I'm guessing it's some feature of the
glass that looks like a shadow rather than an actual shadow inside but I
can't explain it. I actually prefer the light-level that is within the
shadow but I'd like it to all be the same!