POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Not bad... - lse2.JPG : test 3: large spatial extents [5KB jpeg] Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:13:11 EDT (-0400)
  test 3: large spatial extents [5KB jpeg]
From: hughes b
Date: 25 Aug 2002 00:48:37
Message: <3d6861a5@news.povray.org>
I still couldn't get it right... that "large spatial extent" test. What
looked best was to use a much larger area light than the test specifies for
the main overhead one and a regular point area light source instead of a
spot light pointing up for the underside one.
I don't see how they got the large soft shadow for the "large blocker" and
the small shadowed one without going that route.
Attached is my way :-)
I'm also posting the revamped scene file and example renders to p.b.s-f. so
look there, if anyone is interested. It has all five tests. I was extremely
hasty in posting to p.t.s-f before, there was plenty fixing up needed and
I've yet to get it all adjusted or figured out exactly. Leaves plenty of
room for improvement.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'm-p_test3.jpg' (4 KB)