POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Glass sphere comparison between Bryce and POV : Re: Glass sphere comparison between Bryce and POV Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:18:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Glass sphere comparison between Bryce and POV
From: hughes b
Date: 24 Aug 2002 16:41:32
Message: <3d67ef7c@news.povray.org>
"IMBJR" <no### [at] spamhere> wrote in message news:3d67ea5f@news.povray.org...
> I think the anti-aliasing is the clue here. Must learn how to get good
> results.
>
> However, the obvious difference between the 2 might be another clue.

Dang! Clues and more clues. Am I going to be guessing what's what from now
on! Used to be a image file here was either POV-made or a photo.

Only joking.

Well, I can't figure out why the 2nd image (thing 1) has both antialised and
aliased look to the checkered room. The floor looks like no AA, the wall has
AA...?? Seems like one of those instances where the color difference wasn't
enough for the threshold or something. Anyway, I hate to say it but is that
POV there, thing #1? And if so, looks like conserve_energy wan't applied.

Have a good question for you. When Bryce is used, is that ray tracing, or
scanline rendering only?