POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Watch WIP (~73 KB) : Re: Watch WIP (~73 KB) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:07:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Watch WIP (~73 KB)
From: TinCanMan
Date: 23 Aug 2002 17:14:12
Message: <3d66a5a4$1@news.povray.org>
> Yes, superellipsoids caused lots of rendering errors... I can't do much
for that
> (except post-processing of course :)

I think I would avoid using superellipsoids and find a different way to
create the links then.   Maybe I'm just too much of a perfectionist :)

Nice modelling job.  My only real criticism (other than the superellipsoid
artifact) is the bend in the links furthest away appears too sharp.  In my
experience, these types of bands don't usually kink much past 90 degrees,
but I have been known to be wrong once or twice.

I started modelling my Swiss Army watch about 4 years ago, only did the face
though.  Perhaps I should look for it...

PS. The watch could really use better textures ;)

-tgq