POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Odd Focal Blur Effect (from p.g) : Re: Odd Focal Blur Effect (from p.g) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:15:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Odd Focal Blur Effect (from p.g)
From: Slime
Date: 23 Aug 2002 14:52:10
Message: <3d66845a@news.povray.org>
> Well, that makes sense then, and reinforces my original idea that the
cause of
> my particular odd blurring was that my look_at and my focal_point were two
> different vectors. If they are the same, this imaginary "sphere" around
the
> camera will intersect at one point, i.e. where look_at/focal_point
coincide. If
> they are different, there should be an arc shaped ring between the f_p,
and the
> l_a, which is exactly what I experienced.

Hmm? No, the look_at point has *absolutely nothing* to do with focal blur.
If you have a focal point 2 units away from the camera, and a look_at point
2000 units away from the camera, then everything 2 units away from the
camera will be in focus.

The arc is caused by the intersection of the surface of the sphere with the
surface of the plane.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]