POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : strange slant of objects in an ordinary scene : Re: strange slant of objects in an ordinary scene Server Time
4 Sep 2024 20:15:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: strange slant of objects in an ordinary scene
From: Rune
Date: 23 Aug 2002 04:08:57
Message: <3d65ed99@news.povray.org>
Brendan Ryan wrote:
> The reason why we notice the strange slant in pictures
> is that we can look at all parts of the picture, but
> don't notice anything with what we see with our eyes
> because the distortion is assumed to be there and it
> seems natural because we can't examine the sides of
> our vision field very easily unless we turn then it
> would not be distorted anymore there.

Nah. Our eyes don't use perspective projection. The back "walls" of our
eye balls are curved, not plain and flat. But even if they did use
perspective projection, our brain would surely account for it and
correct it, so that we didn't percieve things as distorted, even if we
could examine the edge our our field of vision.

Followup-to povray.off-topic...

Rune
rune|vision:  http://runevision.com (updated July 12)