POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Odd Focal Blur Effect (from p.g) : Re: Odd Focal Blur Effect (from p.g) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:17:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Odd Focal Blur Effect (from p.g)
From: Slime
Date: 22 Aug 2002 14:09:47
Message: <3d6528eb@news.povray.org>
> I've seen other examples of this same behavior in the past.  The
> documentation (6.4.3) indicates the blur should radiate from a focal
point.
> It says nothing about a "plane" of focus or it being linear. I think it is
> bug in Povray's focal blur.

No. The area in focus should be the space near the surface of a sphere
around the camera, with a radius of the distance between the camera location
and the focal point. That is, all points that have the same distance from
the camera as the focal point does should be in focus.

The docs may be misleading here.

 - Slime
[ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]