POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Gyroscope -- Texture Advice Wanted [WIP] : Re: Gyroscope -- Texture Advice Wanted [WIP] Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:15:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gyroscope -- Texture Advice Wanted [WIP]
From: jfmiller
Date: 21 Aug 2002 14:50:02
Message: <3d63e0da$1@news.povray.org>
Thank you all for your help.  Here is the new version.  I still think I need
to play with the orientation of the wood texture on the upper part of the
bace but at least now it doesn't look like it's been atacked by a Zebra.

I'm not going to worry too much about adding something like a sky sphere to
reflect sence this modle will end up in a larger seen with walls roof and
objects to provide reflecting texture.

Once again thanks for the help.

JFMILLER

"Martin Magnusson" <lov### [at] frustratedhousewiveszzncom> wrote in message
news:3D6### [at] frustratedhousewiveszzncom...
> The brilliance keyword is pretty important when working with metal
> textures. Bump it up to brilliance 5 or 10 or so. Also, reflective
> surfaces need something to reflect in order to look good. Try adding a
> sky_sphere.
>
> And as jfmiller said, rotate the wood pattern. I would try rotate x*95
> for the wooden cylinder.
>
> / martin

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: