POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : converting POV-script to other formats : Re: converting POV-script to other formats Server Time
4 Sep 2024 20:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: converting POV-script to other formats
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 21 Aug 2002 04:53:54
Message: <3d635522$1@news.povray.org>

web.3d62cb6a47b41e72f4bd1e30@news.povray.org...
> Thank you for ur reply Gilles!
> I'm a litle outside my league here -
> Would I have to make some modifications to the HF_square macro my self or
is
> there someone that have made a variant of the macro?
> -Being new with pov i dont think i could do that (rather ..know ;) that..)

You'll probably have to do that yourself. If you're a programmer, it
shouldn't be so complicated in fact, as I see that the mesh creation feature
is nicely packed into a little macro.

> If I understand u correctly the Rhino program can read a .bmp !Picture!
and
> convert THAT to a mesh! *wow*
> I will look for that demo -I can asure u !

In fact this could be the easiest way to do it, at least you'll be able to
repeat the operation until you run out of "saves" (you can save up to 20
times in the demo).

When I think of it, other software support this feature in fact. You can do
this in Leveller, for instance, load the bitmap and export is as DXF.
Terragen can also load RAW image files and save them in Lightwave format.
I'm quite sure that Bryce can do it too. Or you could even load a flat OBJ
file in Poseray (a Poser -> Povray converter), deform it with your bitmap
and save the resulting OBJ. (all previous solution untested).

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com