POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Too lonely - Loneliness (WIP) : Re: Too lonely - Loneliness (WIP) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Too lonely - Loneliness (WIP)
From: Hugo
Date: 20 Aug 2002 07:30:37
Message: <3d62285d$1@news.povray.org>
> NOT CONVINCED ABOUT THE GLASS!?!

Heh..  :o)  Well I'm very rarely convinced about raytraced glass.. I tend to
judge the realism by what I usually see in real life, and in real life, I
rarely see a setup within a simple enviroment. Even if the room is dark, as
in your picture, there is usually some spots of light from different
directions. This affects glass and metal very much.

Another thing is the shape of reflections, on your glass the reflections has
very sharp edges and I would expect them to be a bit blurred.

This is all because I'm a nerd for realism.  :o)

Regards,
Hugo