POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cylinder lights have a black end-cap? : Re: Cylinder lights have a black end-cap? Server Time
15 Aug 2024 06:12:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cylinder lights have a black end-cap?
From: Mark Hanford
Date: 18 Aug 2002 17:37:55
Message: <3d6013b3@news.povray.org>
Okay, thanks for the input, here's another sample that shows what I think is
odd behaviour:

Am I right in assuming that my light beam will be no bigger than Beam_Width?
If that is the case (and even if not, I think)  then the bottom of the beam
is enclosed entirely by the shade, and so the black shadow should be
covered, no?

This was supposed to be a simple scene to fill in the beginning of a movie
we made :(  This light stuff is really stumping me.

The actual lamp part of the image is:

  #declare Beam_Width=0.06;
  #macro FloodLight(Direction, Position)
    union{
      cylinder{0, Beam_Width*1.1*y, Beam_Width*1.1}
      sphere{0, Beam_Width*1.1}
      rotate Direction
      translate Position
      texture{Tex_Base}