POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Yet another Media Sky [WIP] : Re: Yet another Media Sky [WIP] - DivX [541 kb] Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:19:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another Media Sky [WIP] - DivX [541 kb]
From: Thies Heidecke
Date: 18 Aug 2002 15:36:24
Message: <3d5ff738$1@news.povray.org>
"Sebastian H." <seb### [at] webde> wrote in news:3d5fe946@news.povray.org...
> This is beautiful!
Thanks :)

> Maybe the Sky above the clouds could be darker (leaving atmosphere) or
> more blue to increase the contrast. But this could be a thing that got
> lost in video compression...
You're right, the Sky is too dark. This is caused by the sky_sphere which
already has a blue->white gradient towards the horizon plus an athmospheric
media which produces a similar effect. Combined they don't look too realistic.
In the new version I've fixed that problem by making the background completely
blue and letting the atmospheric media create the bright horizon.
Perhaps I'll post a still image of it soon.

> Regards,
> Sebastian H.

Greetings,
Thies