POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Reflection bluring : Re: Reflection bluring Server Time
4 Sep 2024 20:14:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Reflection bluring
From: jfmiller
Date: 18 Aug 2002 12:20:35
Message: <3d5fc953$1@news.povray.org>
Thankyou for all the help.

I got it working.  the final code is as follows:

#declare Test_Texture =
texture
  { average
    #local BlurSamples = 255;
    #local BlurAmount = .05;
    texture_map
    { #local Ind = 0;
      #local S = seed(9586);
      #while(Ind < BlurSamples)
        [1 pigment { color rgb <1,1,1> } // The pigment of the object here
           finish { MF } // The finish; should have reflection
           normal
           { bumps BlurAmount
             translate <rand(S),rand(S),rand(S)>*100
             scale 1000
           }
        ]
        #declare Ind = Ind+1;
      #end
    }
  }

My first attempts had used Gradent instead of boso and then only 5 hand
coded entries in the map.  Using Bozo and increasing the number of map
entries gave a satisfactory result.   I used 255 (max -1) for the sample
number because I wanted to see what it could do, but anything over 80 was
sufficient to avoid the problem of multiple ghosted images (my original
problem).  At 255 with a resolution setting of 1280X1024 it took ~28.5
minutes to render a very simple seen.  If anyone is intrested in the full
source code, or resulting image, just ask.

Once again, thanks for the help.

JFMILLER