POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lonleyness- Sinking ship : Re: Lonleyness- Sinking ship Server Time
15 Aug 2024 00:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lonleyness- Sinking ship
Date: 18 Aug 2002 07:12:37
Message: <3d5f8125$1@news.povray.org>
> Some of that movement may be in response to the snapping of the forward
> mast.
It hasn't snapped (me thinks)

>Or the rolling of the ship as it sinks
take a look at the flag. if the rolling of the ship (which I think doens't
go that fast) influences the rotation of the flag it would be positioned in
the -1*rolling direction (or something close to that). it's rotated in a
completely different direction though.

Actually, now that I think of it, judging by the waves, there's not much
wind, judging by the flag though there is. There is an influence of the
velocity of the ship, but I don't think it will be going that fast. Either
there should be more/bigger waves or the flag and sails should catch less
wind.