POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Sampled Blob Box Anim : Sampled Blob Box Anim Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:25:11 EDT (-0400)
  Sampled Blob Box Anim
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 17 Aug 2002 15:14:03
Message: <3d5ea07b@news.povray.org>
Here's the anim as referred to in povray.binaries.images.

My plan is/was to simulate grass or other such objects 'flowing' in a breeze by
somehow
sampling a pigment (ie bozo) as it translates along it's axes in the 'wind direction'.
The
base of each blade of grass would be stationary of course... when the sampling returns
a float
of 1 (rgb 1), the tip of the blade of grass would be translated, rotated etc by a
preset
amount. When the sampling returns a 0, there would be no effect on the tip. Dunno if
it would
work, but I had the idea that pigment functions could be combined rather like waves
interacting with one another, to give quite a realistic effect.

Having said that, I've yet to attempt it, and it could end up looking bad.

Comments, suggestions?

All the best,

Andy Cocker

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Eval_Pigment_Blobs.m1v.mpg' (440 KB)