POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sampled Blob Box : Sampled Blob Box Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:22:26 EDT (-0400)
  Sampled Blob Box
From: Andrew Cocker
Date: 17 Aug 2002 12:42:28
Message: <3d5e7cf4$1@news.povray.org>
I created a 3d grid of blob components using nested #while loops. The radius of each
blob
component relates to the greyscale value of a bozo pigment occupying the same points
in space,
which I sampled by using eval_pigment().

This is part of an animation (in which the bozo pigment is rotated prior to sampling
independently of the blob-grid's rotation).

I wasn't prepared for parse time to evaluate 8000 components. Any reason for it taking
so
long? (approx 1 minute.. not forever, I know, but I just assumed it would be a really
quick
operation)

All the best,

Andy Cocker