POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Battlemech WIP media : Re: Battlemech WIP media Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:30:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Battlemech WIP media
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 16 Aug 2002 08:27:38
Message: <3d5cefba@news.povray.org>
"f00" <f00### [at] freenetde> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> As you can see  it's hollow, but isn't a heigth_field a plain object
anyway, like a wrinkled
> plane which has no interior.

No, your HF is not hollow! It's totally transparent, but that's another
thing! Have a look at the docs and search for "hollow". Without this
keyword, your media won't work. Believe me, it's a mistake I've made to
often. You had that keyword in your media-sphere, just put it in here, too.

And yes, a HF is just a "thin surface" but nonetheless the inside and
outside of the HF is defined IIRC. It's the same as with meshes, which may
have an interior as well. IIRC POV takes the volume after the first
intersection with the object as inside, after the second intersection (of
the same ray) as outside etc. This may be simplified though.

Marc-Hendrik