POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Heighfields -are they meshes or 'just' textures? : Re: Heighfields -are they meshes or 'just' textures? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 20:15:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Heighfields -are they meshes or 'just' textures?
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 15 Aug 2002 07:06:35
Message: <3d5b8b3b@news.povray.org>
"krus" <nomail@nomail> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:web.3d5b72eee9a1db2d2f4bd1e30@news.povray.org...

> But if i ad a file:
>
> HF_Square(function {HF_Fn(x, y, z).gray}, false, false, <100, 100>,
> true, "myMapMesh", < 0, 0, 0>, < 1, 1, 1>)
>
> -I get a parse-error:
> " expected 'object' translate found instead"

That's because no object is defined. The mesh is written to the file but not
build in memory. To use it you have to include it, like

object{#include"myMapMesh" translate ...}.

> I do have a problem with that file though -What is the file-type (eg
> extension) for this file (believe it to be a mesh2-file? a .wrl-file?)

It's pov-script, as if you would build the mesh by hand. I don't know if
converters exist allready, but as it's all text, it should be possible to
convert it.

Marc-Hendrik