POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Meteor Impact WIP1 (DivX 617k) : Re: Meteor Impact WIP1 (DivX 617k) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 15:16:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Meteor Impact WIP1 (DivX 617k)
From: Tek
Date: 14 Aug 2002 17:36:03
Message: <3d5acd43@news.povray.org>
Well both those points can be explained by the fact that this is a -very- early
wip :)

The camera is "in" the meteor, because when I rendered that I had no meteor for
the camera to look at. I plan to have the camera following the meteor from just
behind, even though that's a very unrealistic camera angle, because I love the
view we get of the planet during the descent. I'm now working on some nice
re-entry effects which I'll post the results of sometime.

Also the "angle selected" could better be described as a very simple curve. I've
really not done anything clever with the motion, I just picked something that
looked vaguely okay. I'm going to try to write a simple bit of physics to work
out how the meteor should move, then I'll base the animation on that.

Thanks for your comments.

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com