POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : command line DV .avi program... : Re: command line DV .avi program... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:19:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: command line DV .avi program...
From: Sebastian H
Date: 13 Aug 2002 07:49:31
Message: <3d58f24b@news.povray.org>
>  Hi all,
>
> Has anyone found a command line program that can take a seris of sequential
> images and make an DV .avi file?  It must be fully automated and be able to
> be run from a perl script.  There must be something out there....

Maybe take a look at
mplayer which contains mencoder (http://www.mplayerhq.hu/homepage/)
or
mjepgtools (http://mjpeg.sourceforge.net/)
(both linux)
or
virtualdub (www.virtualdub.org)
(windows)

I dont't know if any of them can encode to DV but if there exist a codec
(maybe from a camera manufacture) a least one of the can.

Good luck,
Sebastian H.