POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Top+Speaker : Re: Top+Speaker Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:20:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Top+Speaker
From: Ive
Date: 12 Aug 2002 19:28:36
Message: <3d5844a4@news.povray.org>
> P.S.: Any musicians out there? Considering
> this is the new amp standing about 1970 in
> a music store - there are 3 things wrong with
> the model. Found them?

Just in case anybody is still  interested:

1. The Marshall logo in the late 60ies and
early 70ies did have a different shape and
was gold painted on the front. But it was
made from such a kind of material that it
easily did break. So almost any amp from
this time has either no logo at all or the logo
was replaced with the newer one. And so
did the guy from whom I bought the amp
about 12 years ago.

2. The original cloth weave in front of the
speakers did look different. I have destroyd
the original one during a concert (by accident,
I swear) and have replaced it. The image
shows the new one.

3. Because I was stupid or maybe only tired
I did fail in calculate 12 inch to cm. (One
POV-unit in the image equals one cm). So the
speaker cabinet as shown in the image is the
only one in the world with four 10'  instead
of  12' speakers. I did realize this after the
6h render was finished.

keep on rockin'
-Ive