POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: That bird again (WIP) : Re: That bird again (WIP) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:29:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That bird again (WIP)
From: John Smith
Date: 12 Aug 2002 19:08:36
Message: <3d583ff4@news.povray.org>
"Mick Hazelgrove" <mic### [at] mhazelgrovefsnetcouk> wrote in message

> Hi All
> Thanks to Peter I've given the sky a more dramatic look and I've also
changed the viewpoint as suggested by Lance.
> Still not happy with the snow or the lighting on the post which just will
not behave!
> Still some work to do on the rocks and the textures and a figure to add.
> Comments as ever welcome.

Looking good but..

1. The lighting of the sky and the ground don't quite match.
2. The sky looks like a clipping from a picture that's scaled
way up and placed behind the scene as a poster, there's no
variation with height
3. The landscape looks too outlandish (unless that was the
intention), go easier on blues and greens and maybe add some
fog.
4. I would get rid of the vertical blue rocks on the left and layer
the snow covered hills to give a sense of scale.