POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Return to PoVghanistan - smooth HF bug in 3.5? (6 x JPG 800 x 600, 180 KB) : Re: Examples of Afghan mud architecture (was: Re: Return to PoVghanistan ) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 08:20:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Examples of Afghan mud architecture (was: Re: Return to PoVghanistan )
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 12 Aug 2002 17:35:57
Message: <3d582a3d@news.povray.org>

news:3D582DFC.4C4E6271@tiscalinet.de...

> Afghanissimo!!! Truly stunning! How long did it take you? I've just begun
> learn about isosurfaces from the 3.5 manual, I'm still lightyears away
from
> really understanding them...

Well, it's just a start ...
I took me about 45 minutes, because I tried some differend ideas and wanted
to use radiosity on it (to get a little more practice on it). My children
didn't help either :-). It's really quite basic.
Rendertime is 1 1/2 minute on my Athlon 1800+ without radiosity.

The isosurface tutorial is a good point to start, but it lacks one important
thing - it has no sample images for the build in functions. You might want
to have a look at the excellent tutorial at
http://www.econym.demon.co.uk/isotut/index.htm, it is updated to Pov 3.5
syntax and provides an images for each function and more. Helped me a lot.

Regards,

Marc-Hendrik