POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Battlemech WIP *used* look ? : Re: Battlemech WIP *used* look ? Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:22:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Battlemech WIP *used* look ?
From: f00
Date: 12 Aug 2002 16:05:28
Message: <3d581508$1@news.povray.org>
"Dawn McKnight" <blu### [at] maccom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:3D5### [at] maccom...
> The first thing I'd say to you is that it looks too uniform.  It looks
> like you have one union, and the texture assigned to the whole thing.

Actually, I build the whole structure step-by-step, by now its about 26
previously declared objects with loads of CSG at about 1600 lines of code,
and I'm starting to get confused ;-)

>  Try subdeviding it, and applying the texture seperatly, maybe even
> having slight differences in the texture applied to the left arm, say,
> as opposed to the right leg.

I had something like this in mind, thanks anyway, I'll post another pic with
some of those alterations later, as right now I try to add some more details
to the model rather than mess with the texture to much.

> Also, your texture is too shiny... play with the settings and see if you
> can get a more matte surface.

I'll try to reduce this, thx

> Maybe a spot of bondo or two?

What is "bondo" ? not the same as "phong" I guess ?!

> Some rust?

I have not figured out yet how to make a camouflage texture with some rusty
areas /spots in it, I think that woud be nice. Any suggestions ?

Anyway, thanks alot for the response,

f00