POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : face the face : Re: face the face Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:29:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: face the face
From: Jide
Date: 12 Aug 2002 11:34:48
Message: <3d57d598$1@news.povray.org>
Ive wrote:
> Next I have used Wings3d to add some more triangles by
> hand . A stupid work to get a smoother mesh for her hair.
> Does anybody know a utility that imports .obj files and does
> a surface subdivision by leaving the uv-vectors untouched?

There was a freeware UV-mapping program called LithUnwrap that could
subdivide the the model while leaving the uv-vectors untouched (or as I
would say subdivided the uv-vectors aswell). The author decided to go the
shareware route and I don't think you can easily find LithUnwrap anywhere
anymore. The shareware version is called  Ultimate Unwrap 3D and can be
found here http://www.unwrap3d.com/ if you dont mind paying the modest price
for it.

-----
-Jide