POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Iced Land (Final, no WIP anymore!!!!) : Iced Land (Final, no WIP anymore!!!!) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Iced Land (Final, no WIP anymore!!!!)
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 12 Aug 2002 00:39:35
Message: <3d573c07@news.povray.org>
So, finally...
This is the final image. I tweaked the media-settings a little
more, and modified the texture for the heightfields to be
much more snow-like (brighter, more reflective on light).

The glow on the iglu was enlargened for more effect, the
sun scaled down a little.

Rendertime was somewhat around 3 hours on my 1.4 GHZ Athlon,
524 MB RAM, Win 98 system.

To answer all probable questions:
The clouds are made with scattering media, as is the sun and
some highlighting on the foreground heightfield,
and an outer rim on the iglu for a crude subsurface scattering.

Emission and absorbing media was used to model the haze
(much more flexibility than fog, but slower), and pure emission
media was used for the glow on the iglu.

The iglu is pure CSG, the heightfields were modelled using
pigment-patterns and the image-function.

The little name in the top right corner is just a bump-map applied
to the camera.

Hope you all like the final version. I'll be cleaning up the code today
and put it up on my homepage for download.

Regards and thanks for all the help,

Tim

---
Tim Nikias