POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Top+Speaker : Old mat 50K Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:22:14 EDT (-0400)
  Old mat 50K
From: Alf Peake
Date: 11 Aug 2002 07:40:50
Message: <3d564d42@news.povray.org>
"Ive" <ive### [at] lilysoftcom> wrote in message
[]
> Well, I'm not sure what you mean with texture "cheat". There ARE 4
speakers
> behind the grille and they are visible only through the meshes. But
I did
> not
> create the cloth weave by using 200.000 torus differences. (Indeed I
have
> tried
>  this first but it was VERY slow and required so much memory.)
> Soon I'll post a short tutorial to povray.text.tutorials to explain
it.

I like the leather effect and the way you have moved the piping around
the joints. I would be very happy if that was my pic. I can't find
what you think is wrong though.

Height fields are not so bad. They are faster than isosurfaces for me
and don't give you headaches with the maths ;-)

My pic was meant to be used as a base for a glass ornament but I
didn't like the way it appeared through the glass. I think it needed
around 10MB mem but render time was only around 5 mins.

Alf

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'mat.jpg' (50 KB)