POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Top+Speaker : Re: Top+Speaker Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:27:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Top+Speaker
From: Marc-Hendrik Bremer
Date: 11 Aug 2002 06:03:03
Message: <3d563657@news.povray.org>
"Ive" <ive### [at] lilysoftcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag

> > f_mesh1 in an isosurface?
> >
> > Just a guess ....
> >
> > Marc-Hendrik
> >

> Nope.
> (Indeed I still know nothing about isosurfaces
> and have to learn about them first :-)
>
> so long
> -Ive

Try it - it's very simple!

Some mesh is created this way:

   #include "functions.inc"
   isosurface {
      function { f_mesh1(x,y,z,0.05,0.02,1,0.01,1) )
      }
      contained_by { box {-1,1 }  // container shape (way to big in the
y-direction - too lazy to type more)
      threshold 0.02
      pigment {rgb 0.5}
    }

You'll have to adjust those 5 parameters, as I copied them out of one of my
scenes (definitely no speaker grid). And you would have code that fold
somehow (should be not to hard by substituting the y and z parameters by
some math.

Not that I'm saying isosurfaces are the answer to everything - your grid
looks very good the way it is. But there are many people who seem to fear
isosurfaces as something complicated.

Regards,

Marc-Hendrik