POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Face closeup : Re: Face closeup Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:22:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Face closeup
From: hughes b
Date: 10 Aug 2002 19:53:00
Message: <3d55a75c@news.povray.org>
Wow, now that's some nice skin texturing. The hair is a bit blurry to me,
and of course the angular edges of the mesh along top of it is a bit
distracting. Great Poser thing though, I seldom see them and this one is
really... real. I think you could be right about the need for reflection of
the surrounding in those eyes. Is Poser stuff as good as this now? I didn't
realize such realism could be accomplished now. That nose and mouth are
impossible for me to distinguish from reality, except that I tend to think
it all looks pieced together from other faces. Least of all things to see as
realism in rendering has got to be living things, esp. people. This has a
nice life-likeness, ignoring the eyes just a little.

Speaking or speaker grill... you Marshall model looks very good too. Without
checking a photo of one anyway. I noticed I could see the speakers better as
I scrolled the message window. It's like moving while looking past screen
mesh in reality. The mesh blurs and the objects beyond don't blur (as much).