POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Another 3.5 speed issue? : Re: Another 3.5 speed issue? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:32:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another 3.5 speed issue?
From: Micha Riser
Date: 10 Aug 2002 03:55:21
Message: <3d54c6e8@news.povray.org>
Roz wrote:

> Micha Riser has provided some prebuilt binaries at the following url:
>
> http://www.povworld.org/povray/binaries.html
>
> Unfortunately, I cannot pull this page up right now to see what cpus
> have been targeted.

Unfortunately the server's connection is broken and I have no physical
access to it till Monday :( So be a bit patient.

> You have a Celeron and I'm not sure if the Pentium
> optimized ones will work. It won't hurt to try though (except for
> bandwidth). Just extract a prebuilt binary into its own directory and
> run it from there with './povray [options] [scene-file]' (no quotes).

I am not sure if the Pentium III-optimized binary runs on Celerons but I
suppose it does (at least on some, AFAIK there are quite some different
sub-types of Celeron CPUs). Otherwise there is also a version for generic
pentium compatible cpus (which probably is still quite a bit faster than
the new official).

- Micha

--
http://objects.povworld.org - the POV-Ray Objects Collection