POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Loneliness WIP, Closeup : Re: Loneliness WIP, Closeup Server Time
15 Aug 2024 02:27:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Loneliness WIP, Closeup
From: Ive
Date: 9 Aug 2002 21:29:51
Message: <3d546c8f@news.povray.org>
> Does she look lonelier this close?

I really don't know if she looks "lonely", but for sure
not very happy. I even think it is impossible to create
a facial expression for lonelyness.

Anyway, I like this closeup with the jewelry very much.

Just one idea: make the eyelashes of "Posette"  look
more real.
You can render this with POV-Ray quite easy either
by composing the image map (the body texture) together
with a transparency map for the lashes used as alpha
channel  (done with any image processing software) or
even better by using  "pigment_pattern".
With pigment_pattern you can even create realistic
looking lashes and hair with specular reflection - but
without that faked (painted) specular highlights as it is
the case with the transmapped poser hair.

 so long
-Ive